Job Description: Pneumatic Technician
The Pneumatic Technician is responsible for day to day maintenance and support of pneumatic systems on offshore production platforms in order to minimize or resolve downtime.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform routine troubleshooting and pneumatic maintenance repairs on assigned system equipment and facilities.
- Perform pneumatic diagnostic and repair work on pneumatic systems.
- Perform a variety of pneumatic duties including installing, disassembling, inspecting, repairing, and replacing defective parts on a variety of pneumatic equipment and facilities.
- Schedule and perform routine maintenance checks.
- Verify that pneumatic Safety Systems operate in accordance with SAFE Charts.
- Coordinate and communicate future and ongoing work operations with Platform's Production Personnel.
- Provide directives, assignments and work guidelines to other contracted construction projects pneumatic personnel.
- Accept directives, assignments and work guidelines from the Area Lead Automation/Electrical Technician.
- Ascertain tubing routes and plan installation.
- Determine proper pneumatic installations for the area classification.
- Plan, layout and perform installations of cable trays.
- Produce material take-off for repairs or special projects as well as develop material requisitions.
- Ensure daily inspections and maintenance on pneumatic equipment are performed.
- Maintain an adequate supply of spare parts in order to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation - generate requisitions as required.
- Maintain an open and effective rapport with Field Production Personnel
- T-2 certification.
- General knowledge of AP1250 14C.
- Able to travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
- Able to walk, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, sit and carry heavy equipment.
- Able to handle multiple projects at varying stages concurrently.
- Read, write and complete reports in a timely manner.
- Prioritize and plan work activity.
- Must be a team player and work closely with production personnel.
- Use time efficiently.
- Detail oriented
- This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to random drug testing.
- Post job offer drug screening and a physical are required prior to being placed into active service.
- Work environment normally requires exposure to a typical offshore site where use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, welding masks, hard hats and steel toed shoes, etc., is mandatory.
- Physical labor is required.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged time standing.
- Employees may be subject to repetitive motions.
- Ability to work in a work area where work temperatures may be affected by outside temperatures.
- Travel to worksite via marine or helicopter transport.
- Walk, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, sit and carry heavy equipment.
Competitive pay and benefits package.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact our offices at (337) 504-4635.